Machu Picchu, PICTURE UPDATE, Day 4

Wow.


What an incredible place.  The Inca engineers started the "city in the sky" around 600 years ago, as a royal retreat and religious sanctuary for the emperor, not only beautiful and strategic and advanced, the city connected to the sky, the earth and the underworld.  I am left feeling like I want to return asap, without a time constraint or schedule.  Lisa, Paul and I are incredibly proud of these flexible and curious kids.  What a bunch of troopers.

Siri and Uma summarize how we are all feeling after 4 long days of nonstop movement.  Hazel and I are arguing about how many legs we have made on our four day odyssey, I say 17 and she says 20.  Either way, it feels great to be still.  These pictures are in reverse order of how we actually spent our two hours in Machu Picchu, so if you start at the bottom, you'll see what we saw.























































Comments

  1. Wow, those 2 hours at Machu Pichu must have been so packed and so full! It's like a dream to see you all there.

    How is everyone doing with the high altitude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciudad en el cielo, incredidable! Gracias

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to see this place. I'm stopping myself from having to jump in a give a lecture but am so happy the kids are there experiencing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kids at school, Temple of the Sun, Central Square and Pachacuteq Monument, Day 6